The position has been filled.
At GRAX, we redefine data protection and empower organizations to maximize the value of their data. We help organizations of all sizes safeguard their data and uncover valuable insights.
As the VP of Sales at GRAX, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue growth. We’re seeking an experienced professional to help us develop a scalable and repeatable sales process backed by a world-class sales team. If you’re passionate about data protection, innovation, and thrive in a dynamic environment, join our talented team and shape the future of data management.
GRAX is remote-first with a globally distributed team and is backed renowned VC, Volition Capital.
Be part of our journey and make a meaningful impact.
Role & Responsibilities:
The VP of Sales is responsible for meeting or exceeding the GRAX new customer acquisition sales and recurring revenue goals. Will work with the CEO and executive team in identifying, qualifying, and working with target companies in their Salesforce data strategy and programs. Hands-on leader, who has a player-coach mindset, is very involved in the sales process and forecasting and closing new logos, and is actively involved in helping source new qualified leads (direct and channel). Collaborative and customer-centric values working with marketing, operations, product, and finance to achieve overall company financial and business objectives and ensure strong customer success. Ability to design and execute successful channel partner reseller and/or referral programs.
- Take a leadership role in defining and managing strong sales processes, managing a sales team, and driving successful execution with predictable forecasting and results.
- Understand and execute a “challenger sale” philosophy, with the ability to teach and provide insights along with effectively positioning GRAX’s differentiated solutions.
- Build messaging and sales capabilities tailored to customer account requirements and personas which enable their understanding of how they can achieve a significant, measurable return, on their investment with GRAX.
- Help redefine the GTM Strategy and qualified lead generation programs for both direct and channel partners.
- Recruit, train, and continuously assess the knowledge and skills of the sales team so that performing and over-performing reps are supported and if appropriate, promoted.
- Develop and implement account-level forecasting methodology and KPIs which enables 85% or better accuracy on a quarterly basis.
- Be comfortable working in a small company and be willing to roll your sleeves up and get into the day-to-day sales motions and sales calls.
- Be hungry for success and willing to work hard to achieve goals. Hustle and the ability to grind will be key to the initial success of this role.
- Develop appropriate reporting and analytics in Salesforce for Management and Board of Directors meetings
- Preference for East Coast USA, ideally Boston.
This job requires a senior-level understanding of B2B Software-as-a-Service sales process and best practices with a proven history of managing teams and driving results. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field required. The position also includes a minimum of 5+ years of applicable experience including the following:
- Prior VP of sales experience at a stage-appropriate company with significant channel selling experience.
- Proven ability to manage complex B2B sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful bookings attainment.
- Consistent over-quota performance and success in selling SaaS applications to mid- and large enterprise companies where Salesforce is an anchor endpoint system.
- Experience in the data architecture and analytics space preferred.
- Experience working in an early-stage company with a small team size.
- Strong C-level communication and presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Track record of opening channel partnerships and successfully executing with that motion.
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
- Experience with and knowledge of leading cloud provider platforms (AWS, Azure, etc).
What You Need To Know:
This is a full-time position and is WFH now and going forward. Travel may be required.
GRAX is a close-knit environment where every employee feels accepted. GRAX is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make a positive impact every day. We strive to operate as one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
GRAX is a leading SaaS data protection platform anchored by Salesforce data and strategically partnering with AWS and Microsoft Azure. Our solution capabilities include data security, backup and recovery, data pipelines, archiving, sandbox seeding, data analytics / AI, and data signaling.
GRAX offers outstanding employment benefits including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Wellness Week
- Participation in our employee benefits plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability
- Participation in our employee stock options plan
- Participation in our 401(k) plan with company matching
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our remote-first culture
Check out what the Wall Street Journal had to say about GRAX